Wednesday 9 January 2013

Snowdrop Visiting


With some fairly mild winter weather behind us so far, it won't be long before snowdrops are pushing their optimistic heads out. I've seen a few clumps in gardens already. So get your winter coat and wellies on and visit some gardens and estates famed for their snowdrop displays. I've compiled a list of some of the bigger displays below - just click on the link nearest to where you live - assuming you live in Britain! Next time I'll give some information about some of the smaller gardens and villages that offer snowdrop displays.

County
Garden
When?
West Sussex
Daily
Dorset
Daily
Cambridgeshire
Daily
Somerset
2nd - 24th Feb
Wiltshire
From 1st Feb
Suffolk
Daily
Wrexham
Daily
Yorkshire
Daily
Cheshire
Daily
Nottinghamshire
2nd Feb - 3rd March
East Of Fife
Daily
Co. Armagh
Daily
Gloucestershire
2nd Feb - 3rd March, weekends
Yorkshire
17th, 24th Feb

7 comments:

  1. They do look great like that in a woodland setting :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. Lived in Yorkshire forever and never heard of Goldsborough Hall. One of my pupils lived next to Fountains Abbey and always brought me a small jar the first snowdrops of the year. A sure sign that we've got through the longest nights.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think G Hall has just been renovated and openend as a hotel, with amazing snowdrops displays in the grounds.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nothing in Leicestershire I see - it is a rubbish county for gardens to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't even know how I ended up right here, but I believed this put up used to be good. I do not recognize who you are but certainly you are going to a famous blogger should you aren't already.
    Cheers!

    Feel free to visit my web blog - http://www.xxxvideofix.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey There. I found your blog using msn. This is an extremely well written article.

    I will make sure to bookmark it and come back to read more of your useful information.
    Thanks for the post. I will certainly comeback.


    my web-site :: http://www.onhiddencam.info

    ReplyDelete