Friday 30 March 2012

Guest Garden

My mum has been busy in her garden just a few miles away from me. She has much more interesting displays than me during winter and spring, when my garden hibernates. In her blue and yellow border, daffodils predominate:



Here you can see the summer house which my dad built to my mum's design. What a clever pair they are!
In the front garden there's plenty happening too.


Thanks mum for allowing me to share your spring garden. You will have to drag youself away from it for a week, because tomorrow we are all heading for Cornwall! Next week I'll begin my series of posts on Gardens of Cornwall.

7 comments:

  1. Hi Martin, what a lovely garden your mum has and so meticulously taken care off! I don't know how you British people do it, but you all seem to be master gardeners! I love her extensive use of daffodils and promised myself to plant some in my garden this year, too.
    Christina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Daffs are great and so reliable. My mum is far more meticulous than me. I secretly wish I had a rambling, untidy garden with plants self-seeding everywhere, but somehow my English restraint won't allow it!

      Delete
  2. Gardening and a great eye for design seems to run in your family! I love the summer house and am curious as to the interior. I'm looking forward to your Cornwall tales.

    Best,
    Michael

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why that's kind Michael. The interior is no surprise really, just a couple of chairs and a table. What were you expecting, a torture chamber?! Cornwall coming tomorrow...

      Delete
  3. Great garden. Loving the summerhouse.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks (on behalf of my mum and dad!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. When I nitially commente I seem to hage clicked on the -Notify me when new commewnts are added- checkbox and from
    now on whenever a comment iis added I get four emails with the exact same comment.
    Is there a way you can remove me from that service? Cheers!



    my webxite ... cunt

    ReplyDelete