Monday 10 October 2011

Cube-cumber!

Having been given a cucumber plant back in June and being a total novice in growing them, I'm afraid I just left it in its pot in the greenhouse and forgot about it. Yes, I watered it, but I failed to give it any support. I don't think I even knew what I was watering as it was stuffed behind a tomato plant. However, the poor neglected thing did bear fruit - just one. But I spotted it too late, as you can see:



Hey presto! The world's first square cucumber, perfect for sandwiches!!!


3 comments:

  1. HAHAHA!!! You could have a winning idea on your hands here...you could start a new craze in shaped fruits...what a brilliant 'error'! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely hilarious!! It could have happened to any of us...no really.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahah too funny. Square watermelons were all the craze a couple years back, perhaps cucumbers will be next.

    ReplyDelete