Friday 29 July 2011

Charming Chartwell

Finding ourselves near Chartwell on Tuesday, we decided to pay our third visit to the beautiful home and garden that Winston Churchill loved so much, living there from 1924 until his death in 1965. The house is one of my favourite National Trust properties - I could just imagine living there - though I'd have to downsize of course - not! The dining room is everyone's favourite, so light and with breathtaking views.


The estate is huge, and the cultivated part of the garden covers a considerable area too, from water gardens to kitchen garden and rose garden, with herbaceous borders along the way. Hopefully these pics will give you an idea if you haven't visited:










3 comments:

  1. Wonderful pictures - It looks like a great place indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband and I visited Chartwell in June this year and I love seeing it through your lens, again. You captured the atmosphere of the house and the garden very well. It is a wonderful estate!
    Christina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful place to visit, made all the more interesting with the knowledge of who lived there.

    ReplyDelete