Sunday 9 January 2011

First Garden Visit of 2011

Nymans in West Sussex is one of my favourite gardens, and I'm lucky I can be there in half an hour. Today was the perfect weather for a winter stroll, so after checking the scones were up to standard I embarked upon a leisurely wander around the gardens. Not much in flower, just the odd brave Camellia bud unfurling and a few Daphne flowers, their fragrance only apparent up close. In a few weeks time the Daphne and Sarcoccoca will be wafting along the pathways making visitors turn about trying to identify the source of these divine scents. Anyway, some snaps below...











2 comments:

  1. Wonderful photos Martin, glad the scones were good too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you got there on a sunny day! Would be more than happy to visit your school when I return from my travels! Charlotte

    ReplyDelete