Wednesday 29 December 2010

Controversial?


Just my opinion, but I think seed companies are going a bit far in order to attract punters. The latest catalogue plopped on my mat today - I won't say which company - and I had barely got through a few pages before it ended up in the recycling. I understand the need for businesses to find new ways of keeping themselves in profit, but all these new-fangled varieties are not for me. Some of the colour combinations just look so artificial. Now I'm not the greatest fan of annual bedding so maybe I'm biased, but it's the perennials too. They're mucking about with Echinacea just a bit too much now. Want yellow Echinacea? Buy Rudbeckia! And delphiniums - aren't they beautiful as they are? The latest 'doubles' just don't look right to me. If they give people pleasure then that's great, but they won't be appearing in my garden this year. Am I just a boring old cultivar?!

No comments:

Post a Comment